Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Slow news day

Not much to say today. We went for a drive to the Tarbac Light House on the east coast yesterday, but didn't see the much-anticipated dolphins or whales. Most of our day trips involve driving along one-track roads. When another car approaches, you (or they) have to duck into a passing place. Don is getting good at this, but he's still rusty driving through Tain. The road has two lanes, but cars are allowed to park along one side, so really there's just one lane. If you're driving down the side with no parked cars, piece of cake. However, if you're on the other side, you have to keep tucking in between parked cars in order to let the cars on the other side pass. Don calls this "Dodgecar." I think he's actually turned it into a sport.
On our trip out, we had an excellent pub lunch in Balintore. Don had "tatties, neeps and haggis" which translates to "potatoes, turnips, and sheep-organs-stewed-in-a-sheep-stomach." (My apologies to all you haggis-lovers out there, but it just isn't my cup of tea.) Don assured me it was wonderful. I'll have a picture tomorrow. Forgot my thumb drive again!!

3 comments:

  1. Janet,

    Keep-up the fantastic work on the blog. I enjoy reading the entries and the photos.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet,
    Great reading. I have been telling mom all about your adventures...can't say I would like to eat the meal Don had, although I am sure Barry would eat it. So glad you are having such a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris: Thanks. Nice to hear from you!
    Gayle: Barry would eat it? I'm posting a picture today. You might change your mind!

    ReplyDelete