Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Saying goodbye to the library

This may be my last post from the good old Dornoch library. Here’s a picture of my “internet café”:




The library is closed Thursday, and I may be too busy to post on Friday—packing, cleaning up the cottage, saying goodbye to Jack, Sam, Sally, Peter, and Nigel. We spent a few hours at Sally and Peter’s place last night. They’re both very artistic. Peter does drawings and watercolours, and Sally does pen and ink drawings and linotypes. She’s also the illustrator of many books. She creates rag rugs and there’s a gorgeous example on the floor of the bedroom here. I’m almost afraid to walk on it! She also rents some land where her 26 Shetland sheep happily munch away. Peter is a curator of the 5-star Dornoch museum. His latest passions are carving in slate and learning to play the sax! These two organize all sorts of events in Dornoch. They’ve been a wealth of information for us, and great neighbours to boot!



Don is feverishly trying to get all the golf he can in before he has to pack up the clubs on Friday night. He’s almost tamed the Tain course, recently scoring two 75s and a 74. He’s debating whether or not to bring the Wonder Club back with him to Canada. The bunkers are much lower and there’s probably little use for it. I think it would be a great souvenir.
Although I’ve had a great time here, I’m looking forward to getting home again to see family, friends, and Buster. Emma assures me she’s put him on a diet and now he’s a lean, mean, fighting machine. Luckily I postponed his annual vet visit until I return, so when the vet congratulates me for the fact that Buster is finally approaching his proper weight after 10 years, I’ll take all the credit!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait until you're back! Don't forget my tall, dark, handsome, brogue equipped present! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing you again. I did send you something, so keep your eye on the mail!

    ReplyDelete